- Department Overview
- Business and Management Systems
- Information Science and Technology
- Student Opportunities
- Faculty and Staff
Information Science and Technology Undergraduate Program
The business and information technology department’s Bachelor of Science in Information Science and Technology (IST) features courses in big data, business analytics, business intelligence, cybersecurity, data communication and networking, database management and warehousing, electronic and mobile commerce, enterprise system, human-computer interaction and user experience, machine learning, and systems analysis, design, and development.
In contrast to students in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, the students in IST will take a few business courses (e.g., accounting, finance) and will qualify for a minor in Business. This program provides students with the necessary skills to connect people and information technology in today's businesses
Degree planning assistance
- Course catalog information – A detailed description of the degree program, as well as individual course descriptions.
- IST Curriculum Checklist – A checklist of courses you are required to take for the degree program.
- IST Four Year Sample Plan - An example of a four-year schedule that leads you to a bachelor’s degree in the program.
Information Science and Technology minors
Even if you have already chosen a major, you might want to consider minoring in a specialization related to information science and technology.
Ready to Apply?
Opportunities are available to work with faculty as research assistants, in labs, and as graders once you begin your studies.