- Department Overview
- Business and Management Systems
- Information Science and Technology
- Student Opportunities
- Faculty and Staff
The cornerstones of any company
The business and information technology department combines two of the factors most critical to a successful organization: knowledge of business disciplines and information technology expertise. As a student in the program, you’ll develop a firm foundation in finance, operations, marketing and information technology, whether majoring in business and management systems or information science and technology.
- BIT students stand out at 1st Annual AT&T Case Competition
- BIT professor named one of “top women in VR” by Girls In Tech
- Former business student helps market fire department he worked for
- Big data student team wins big
- ERP students gain valuable experience through competition
- Missouri S&T big data certificates ranked second in the nation
- Researchers study users to increase cyber security
- New graduate certificate in business analytics
- Business honor society established at Missouri S&T
Business and Management Systems
Oriented towards students who want to start their own company or work in a fast-paced business environment, our business degrees offer a unique blend of business and technology management.
Information Science and Technology
Providing the necessary skills to connect people and technology in today’s workforce, our information science and technology degrees educate students in the design, development, and successful application of information systems in organizations.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Science and Technology
- Master of Science in Information Science and Technology
Movers and shakers
Elizabeth Mulina, senior
Getting down to business
Coming into Missouri S&T, Elizabeth Mulina of O’Fallon, Mo., knew she wanted to work in a business field after she graduated. With an interest in the psychology of marketing, Mulina says she’s looking forward to eventually working in international business and technology. And that’s one reason she decided to come to Missouri S&T.
“I wanted a school that I knew I would leave with a job after graduation,” she says. “I knew that putting my education in the hands of Missouri S&T’s professors was a great idea.”
Mulina, who is pursuing a double major in business administration and information science and technology, says she picked S&T specifically because of the business program. [Read more]