- Business and Management Systems
- Information Science and Technology
- Students Opportunities
Information Science and Technology
Our masters in IST is available in two options—with and without a thesis.
- The thesis track requires the completion of 24 hours of graduate course work (5000-level or above), six hours of research and the successful completion and defense of a research thesis.
- The non-thesis track requires the completion of 30 hours of graduate course work (5000-level and above). Courses below the 5000-level will not count toward your degree, even if they are taken to fulfill prerequisites.
- IS&T 5251 Technological Innovation Management and Leadership
- IS&T 5885 Human-Computer Interaction
- IS&T 6261 Advanced Information Systems Project Management
- IS&T 6336 Foundations of Internet Computing
The department of business and information technology offers a variety of graduate certificates. Each certificate program consists of four courses and is open to persons holding a bachelor's, master's or Ph.D. degree in areas such as business, social sciences, technology, engineering, or related disciplines who have the required pre-requisites for the courses in the program. A student must maintain an average cumulative grade point of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale in the certificate courses in order to receive the graduate certificate.
For more information, visit our Graduate Certificates page
Earn your Master IST in one year after completing your undergraduate degree. This program offers the opportunity to complete a portion of the M.S. IST coursework during your last year of undergraduate courses.
For more information, check out the university catalog:
- Transcript: An official transcript sent from all undergraduate and any graduate institutions.
- GRE: Standardized test scores (S&T's GRE Test Center code is 6876).
- Recommendations: A total of three (3) letters must be received. Provide contact information for recommenders.
- Resume: You have the option to upload supplemental video and print materials such as resume, curriculum vitae, presentations, posters and/or papers.
- Fee: Nonrefundable application fee of $55 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents or $75 for international applicants.
- Application deadlines
- Submit all materials to online by the application deadlines.
*The admission process and requirements may differ depending on the type of student you are.
Graduate Funding Opportunities
At Missouri S&T we value our graduate students. In our commitment to your education, we've put together several funding opportunities to help make your degree an excellent return on investment. Take a look at what we have to offer.
We are happy to answer any question you may have.
Tracy Cui Zou
Council of graduate staff